Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fly Away Home

I choose to name my blog “Fly away Home” because it represents one of the ways I want to live my life.  All my life I have lived in the same house in a small country town.  The friends I made in kindergarten are still my closest friends today.  Besides growing up in the country, I also grew up in the ring. The ring being the show ring, I have shown animals from guinea pigs to livestock since I was four.  Showing animals has made a huge impact on my life and the direction of my future.  I learned skills such as responsibility, public speaking, interviewing, record keeping, and simply knowledge of the animals I have and partaking in their respective industries. I have won several awards from my career in showing.  I am extremely proud of myself and the person I have become; committed, hardworking, driven, and competitive.  I have been raising show cattle for 10 years now and have started my own business, it is a lot of hard work, but I love every single second of it!  What can I say, I love cows!
After completing my schooling, I want to move to the Mid-West and continue my business there because that is where this industry starts.  I have lived in same town my whole life and I want to live somewhere else, try something different.  Yes, I have been fortunate to have already seen more of this world than your average person has, but I have not lived anywhere else.  I love traveling and I cannot wait to be able to see the rest of the world but I will never forget where I came from and how I was raised.  I will carry those values and skills with me as I fly away home

No comments:

Post a Comment